Marketing & Event Coordinator | Administrative Assistant
Aggregate Resource Industries is taking applications for an Administrative Assistant, with an emphasis on marketing and event/meeting planning.
This position performs a broad range of tasks, and serves as the primary support for the leadership team.
- Pay depends on experience
- + overtime
- + benefits described below
SAMPLE OF TASKS PERFORMED IN THIS ROLE
- Making hotel and travel arrangements for field crews on short notice
- Negotiating contract rates with hotels
- Selecting, ordering and distributing logo apparel to employees
- Planning and scheduling meetings & distributing meeting notes
- Room setup and breakdown for meetings and events
- Coordination and pickup/delivery of meeting catering
- Planning events, including negotiating contracts with event vendors and event setup
- Preparing external communications, including blasting notifications
- Designing special internal and external correspondence and gifts (e.g. Christmas Cards, Party Invitations, congratulatory and sympathy correspondence)
- Editing videos (download, clip and distribute)
- Managing social media (posting blasting videos to YouTube, Website, Social Media)
- Preparing video compilation for annual party
- Designing and creating signage, use of vinyl cutter to create safety, instructional/directional and marketing signage
- Applying/installing signage and labels to heavy equipment and shelving
- Coordinate event sponsorships, including marketing materials (banners, signage)
- Preparing and submitting seminar/event registrations
- Preparing internal communications, including daily update of digital display of current events
- Creating new hire packets
- Maintain beverage stock in break room
- Maintain internal communications, including delivery of mail to and from adjacent shop building
- Adobe InDesign/Photoshop/Illustrator or equivalent
- Microsoft Suite (Excel, Outlook & Powerpoint)
SOFT SKILLS PREFERRED
- Proactive, flexible, assertive, and creative in problem solving
- adaptable/embraces new technology
- Strong organizational and follow up skills
- Extremely high attention to detail
- Experience in construction industry
- Able to adjust priorities on short notice, manage interruptions and work well under pressure.
- Ability to occasionally deal with dust/dirt (primarily when coordinating application of equipment logos and delivering paperwork from field to office)
- Ability to timely meet deadlines; coordinate workloads
- Self starter with ability to learn new concepts quickly and ability to stay focused and work without close supervision
- Works well in a team environment as well as independently
- Effective communication, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Complies with and maintains company confidentiality practices and policies.
- Interacts professionally with all company employees and outside persons, such as customers, vendors and professional service providers.
- Health Insurance - 100% of employee premiums are paid by employer
- Dental & Vision - 25% of employee premiums are paid by employer
- 401k - up to 4% employer match of 401k (100% of 0-3% employee contribution, 50% of 3-5% employee contribution). Employee contributions are immediately vested.
- Paid Time Off - 40 hours of annual PTO (1 hour per 30 hours worked), available for use after 90 days
- Unlimited Overtime
***Employer will administer a drug test***
***Employer drug policy is zero tolerance, including marijuana use***.