Document Control Specialist and Receptionist
We are seeking a Document Control Specialist and Receptionist to join our team at ARI headquarters in Springfield, Oregon. This position oversees our front desk, collects and processes all job-file documentation, and performs a variety of administrative and clerical tasks. The role will eventually include accounts receivable responsibilities after demonstration of efficiency in assigned tasks. Hours are typically 7:30am to 5:00pm, but do expand depending on workload.
- Pay depends on experience
- + overtime
- + benefits described below
SAMPLE OF TASKS PERFORMED IN THIS ROLE
- Answers, screens and transfers incoming phone calls.
- Receives visitors at the front desk by greeting, welcoming, directing and announcing them appropriately.
Document Control Specialist Tasks:
- Collects, processes and digitally files project documentation
- Resolves discrepancies in job file reporting through effective communication with equipment operators, project leads and material vendors.
- Enters job data in excel and enters/uploads to ERP (Vista by Viewpoint)
- Downloads and prepares seismograph reports (vibration monitoring technology).
- Prepares job files for billing
- Trains equipment operators and project leads on preparing proper documentation
Quarry Accounts Receivable Tasks:
- Downloads daily quarry transactions and uploads to ERP (Vista by Viewpoint)
- Communicates with quarry managers to resolve discrepancies in daily transactions (voiding tickets, correcting mis-keyed entries)
- Processes customer credit applications
- Processes credit card payments
- Prepares and mails invoices for rock sales
- Prepares haul vendor invoices for third-party haulers
- Answers customer questions regarding invoices & account status
- Assists quarry managers in troubleshooting onsite technology and communicates with technology vendors to resolve issues
- Ordering, set up, issuance and troubleshooting of iPhones, iPads and Surface Pros
- Managing Verizon accounts (assigning users to devices, monitoring and approving data usage)
- Receives daily mail
- Stocks and organizes office supplies and break room.
- Prior reception/administrative/accounting experience.
- Microsoft Suite (Excel, Outlook & Powerpoint)
- ERP software experience (Vista by Viewpoint, JD Edwards, CMiC, Sage, or similar)
SOFT SKILLS PREFERRED
- Extremely high attention to detail – perfectionist tendencies
- Proactive, flexible, assertive, and creative in problem solving
- Adaptable/embraces new technology
- Strong organizational and follow up skills
- Experience in construction industry
- Able to adjust priorities on short notice, manage interruptions and work well under pressure.
- Ability to timely meet deadlines; coordinate workloads
- Self-starter with ability to learn new concepts quickly and ability to stay focused and work without close supervision
- Works well in a team environment as well as independently
- Effective communication skills
- Complies with and maintains company confidentiality practices and policies.
- Interacts professionally with all company employees and outside persons, such as customers, vendors and professional service providers.
- Health Insurance - We pay 100% of employee premiums
- Vision Insurance - We pay 100% of employee premiums
- Dental Insurance - We pay 25% of employee premiums
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)- Employees are given the option to contribute a portion of their earnings, pre-tax, into a Flexible Spending Account (FSA). They can use the funds contributed to their account to pay for qualified medical or dependent care expenses that are not covered by insurance.
- 401k - We match 100% of the first 3% of your salary that you contribute, and 50% of the amount that exceeds 3%, up to 5% of your annual earnings. In addition, ARI may make a profit-sharing contribution to your account at the end of the plan year.
- Prevailing Wage Fringe to 401k - On prevailing wage jobs, 100% of fringe (after health insurance) is paid as pre-tax wages into the employee's 401k. "Fringe" is the difference between the employee's regular wage and the total State/Federal Base+Fringe amount.
- Paid Time Off - We offer 40 hours of annual paid time off (PTO) that is available for use after 90 days of employment. For every full year of service at ARI, employees' PTO accrual increases by 8 hours.
- Unlimited overtime if work is available.