Rock Drill Operator
We are seeking Rock Drill Operators to join our team. This position is responsible for drilling rock using hydraulic drills on road construction, solar farm and rock quarry sites.
We operate a fleet of over 30 rock drills, including the newest Epiroc Smart Rock T45-10 and D65-10, Caterpillar MD5150, Reedrill SD345s, Reedrill SCH 300 and SCH 5000 SCH5000C, Cubex QXR 1120, Drilltech D25KS, and Ingersol Rand ECM 360/370. Borehole diameters range from 2.5 inches up to 6.75 inches, and drill hole depths range from several feet up to 145 feet deep.
- $60,000-$125,000/year- depends on experience
- Unlimited overtime when work is available
- Full benefit package, including company truck, iPhone, iPad, hotel & meals
- Minimum age 18
- 3 years experience working as a rock drill operator.
- Valid drivers license with a driving record that includes no more than 3 moving violations and/or chargeable accidents in the last 3 years and no DUIIs.
- Travel is a required part of this position. We provide transportation to job sites from our headquarters in Springfield.
- Because drillers occasionally assist with blasting operations, employer submits candidates to a background check through the Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives to screen felony records as appropriate in compliance with federal government restrictions.
- We will administer a pre-employment drug test and physical. For safety reasons, we have a zero tolerance drug policy, including marijuana use.
- Drilling rock using hydraulic drills on road construction, solar farms and rock quarry sites.
- Performing routine maintenance on vehicles and drilling equipment.
- Being aware of, and alerting company maintenance personnel to, the need for repairs and maintenance of equipment beyond routine care.
- Completes necessary equipment pre- and post-operation inspections, drill logs and workplace exam paperwork per company policy.
- Laying out the quarry and road design patterns.
- Interpreting and using grade designs for road and quarry development.
- Occasionally assisting with blasting operations.
- Performing any or all other duties as necessary to satisfy job requirements.
- Health Insurance - We pay 100% of employee premiums
- Vision Insurance - We pay 100% of employee premiums
- Dental Insurance - We pay 25% of employee premiums
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)- Employees are given the option to contribute a portion of their earnings, pre-tax, into a Flexible Spending Account (FSA). They can use the funds contributed to their account to pay for qualified medical or dependent care expenses that are not covered by insurance.
- 401k - We match 100% of the first 3% of your salary that you contribute, and 50% of the amount that exceeds 3%, up to 5% of your annual earnings. In addition, ARI may make a profit-sharing contribution to your account at the end of the plan year.
- Prevailing Wage Fringe to 401k - On prevailing wage jobs, 100% of fringe (after health insurance) is paid as pre-tax wages into the employee's 401k. "Fringe" is the difference between the employee's regular wage and the total State/Federal Base+Fringe amount.
- Paid Time Off - We offer 40 hours of annual paid time off (PTO) that is available for use after 90 days of employment. For every full year of service at ARI, employees' PTO accrual increases by 8 hours.
- Paid Holidays
- Company Pickup - We provide drillers with a company truck for transportation between home and work and between jobs.
- Company-Paid Hotel - When working on jobs requiring more than 1.5 hours one-way travel time, we arrange and pay 100 percent of hotel rooms and provide up to $20/day allowance for food to be charged on the employee's company credit card.
- Paid travel-time - except portal-to-portal, travel time is paid.
- iPad or Microsoft Surface Pro - We provide drillers with tablets to complete digital drill logs.
- iPhone - We provide drillers with iPhones for phone calls, emails, text messaging and mobile time keeping.
- Fuel Card & Credit Card - We provide drillers with fuel cards and credit cards to charge company expenses.
- Unlimited overtime if work is available