Yard Man/Entry Level Machinist
We are looking for an entry level machinist to join our team. This position is responsible for operating our shop’s drill bit grinder and performing duties to support mechanical and drilling operations.
- Operates grinder to sharpen dull steel drill bits
- Receives incoming orders for shop
- Coordinates inventory of steel used for rock drills
- Performs monthly shop inspections and walk-throughs
- Makes part runs for mechanical team
- General shop and shop yard clean-up
- All other duties necessary to support mechanical and drilling team
- Overtime when work is available
- Full benefit package (for full time employees-30 plus hours/week)
- Minimum age 18
- Valid drivers license with a driving record that includes no more than 3 moving violations and/or chargeable accidents in the last 3 years and no DUIIs
- We submit candidates to a background check through the Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives to screen felony records as appropriate in compliance with federal government restrictions.
- We will administer a pre-employment drug test and physical. For safety reasons, we have a zero tolerance drug policy, including marijuana use.
- Health Insurance - We pay 100% of employee premiums
- Vision Insurance - We pay 100% of employee premiums
- Dental Insurance - We pay 25% of employee premiums
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)- Employees are given the option to contribute a portion of their earnings, pre-tax, into a Flexible Spending Account (FSA). They can use the funds contributed to their account to pay for qualified medical or dependent care expenses that are not covered by insurance.
- 401k - We match 100% of the first 3% of your salary that you contribute, and 50% of the amount that exceeds 3%, up to 5% of your annual earnings. In addition, ARI may make a profit-sharing contribution to your account at the end of the plan year.
- Paid Time Off - We offer 40 hours of annual paid time off (PTO) that is available for use after 90 days of employment. For every full year of service at ARI, employees' PTO accrual increases by 8 hours.
- Overtime if work is available.